Monday, September 8, 2008

Aunt Sue's Party









My Aunt Sue retired this year from teaching. John and I really wanted to show our love and support for her at her retirement party...so we decided to pack up Liam and drive down to California (the Bay Area). I know you are probably thinking we are nuts for wanting to be in the car for 12 hours with a 5 week old (and we probably are) but it really did work out great. Liam is a champ, that is all I can say. We made a few stops along the way for Liam to move outside of the carseat/nurse/etc. Oh-and we had to make a stop at the IKEA (we bought a trash can for $1.99-what a deal!).
The party was great! We surprised Aunt Sue and the whole rest of the gang! Here is a picture of the cake Elida made! Can you believe how cool it is?! She is so talented!
We love our family so much and it meant the world to us to be there for Aunt Sue and have the family meet Liam when he was still little. 
(PS-Thanks Uncle Lee for all of your help! You are too kind!)

1 comment:

Aunt Sue said...

Dear Julia, John, and Liam,
Your presence at my retirement party was so very special to me and I certainly feel loved and supported by you. Everyone is still talking about Liam and how remarkable he is! I can't wait to see more photos and read about your lives, so keep this blog going! I love you, Aunt Sue