Monday, September 21, 2009

13 months old



I thought I would give a little update on what Liam does now as a 13 month old! Wow! He is getting so big!
He is learning how to stand on his own--he can do it for about 20 seconds at most. Once he realizes that he is standing on his own he falls down. He is able to walk if he holds on to something. We try to get him to walk on his own but he prefers to be carried. Why do the extra work huh?
He now has four teeth (two on bottom and two on top). He is enjoying eating more foods--his favorites right now are graham crackers, nutra grain bars, and yogurt. He is not sure about eating meat, despite our several different methods of preparation.
Liam also is learning how to talk. He can say, Da da, Ma ma (though he doesn't say my name much...shoot! :), dog, ball, light, hi and teddy. I think John and I have a refined ear to actually understand what he is saying...maybe it all sounds like baby talk to the non-parent but it is pretty clear for us at least...
He also knows how to wave hello and goodbye, which I think are just too cute!
I have been working part time doing substitute school counseling at a middle school, so Liam has had the opportunity to start day care. We think it is a good experience for him to socialize and do different activities. So far we hear that he likes the over sized teddy bear and the sprinkler they have outside on hot days.
Liam is the sweetest little guy and we are so happy and honored he is our son!

No comments: